Winter is here, and it means more and more people are facing the annual problem of dry, itchy skin, which can be pretty irritating. During this time, it is essential to remove dead skin cells, use high-quality moisturizers, and dedicate some extra time to take care of the sensitive dermis. There are many options for how to do so at home, but many aesthetic professionals recommend considering hyaluronic acid dermal fillers for this purpose. How exactly can this help, and what are some good brands to use in the clinic? This article will take a look.
Is Hyaluronic Acid Good for Dry Skin?
Regarding aesthetic problems during the colder winter months, partially dry or fully dry dermis is typically the most common issue people have to deal with. That’s why worldwide-famous skincare brands constantly work to develop innovative formulas for new products to improve patients’ skin condition. These products can provide patients a better hydrating effect, allowing them to forget about the problem of the winter itch and dry skin. Hyaluronic acid is one of the most popular and beneficial ingredients used in various procedures because of its natural ability to attract and absorb water molecules and, in this way, provide the dermis with a higher level of hydration even in an environment with low temperatures and dry air – the perfect recipe for dried-out skin.
People choose different methods to incorporate this product into their skincare routine: some opt for topical creams and serums, while others are ready for bolder moves and seek dermal filler injections, featuring a high concentration of hyaluronic acid. One way or another, the fact remains the same: hyaluronic acid works wonders for for itchy, red, dry skin.
Winter Itchy Skin and Other Common Problems
In order to know how to help a patient with irritated skin, it is essential to determine the exact problem first – only after will it be possible to calculate the correct dosage of the injectable gel, number of treatment sessions, and other important for a successful outcome. Below, are the most common problems people experience during the winter months and some possible tips that you can recommend to patients as post-care after their dermal filler appointment:
- Irritated red nose. Because many patients experience a runny nose after it gets colder during winter, it gets constantly rubbed and touched, which causes a high sensitivity in this area. Regular hot showers and some over-the-counter saline nasal sprays can often be helpful in this situation.
- Dry, itchy patches. This issue is not too severe but still quite uncomfortable and, in many cases, painful. If not taken care of properly, it may even transform into small cracks on the facial surface that can bleed and potentially let infections inside the body. Switching to a richer moisturizer, bathing in lukewarm water, and avoiding harsh skincare products may be helpful.
- Winter rash. When the temperature gets lower, our skin naturally moisturizes itself by producing more oil; as a result, we can experience dry, irritated facial surfaces. It may be quite helpful to use a humidifier at home and apply natural oils from time to time (such as almond or coconut) to lock natural hydration in one’s skin.
The Best Dermal Fillers to Help Dehydrated Skin
Cold air during winter is the worst enemy for those who want to keep their skin soft, smooth, and young-looking. That’s why many patients prefer multiple different methods to maintain healthy skin and prevent winter itch, and, dermal fillers can be quite helpful for this purpose. Let’s talk about some of the best brands effective for skin cells moisturizing during winter months:
- Belotero Revive / Hydro. This dermal filler by Belotero works well for irritated skin that needs a significant boost in the short term. Its concentration of HA is 18 mg/ml, which is pretty high, so the results may last for up to 12 months. That is more than enough time to make it through the winter months.
- Stylage Hydro. A fantastic option by Vivacy from France, Stylage Hydro is able to fulfill the needs of patients with winter rash and other issues caused by the cold season. The concentration of HA in this dermal filler is 14mg/ml, which makes it possible to provide up to 10 months of the hydrated, glowing, younger-looking skin.
There’s even more products that could be added to this list of products effective for winter skin health, texture, and surface improvement, but these are just some popular options. Always buy dermal fillers only from a trusted supplier like Health Supplies Plus.
Add These Routines to Reduce Skin Irritation During Winter
In order to keep skin glowing and healthy during winter, dermal fillers can be combined with other elements helpful for battles battles with the cold, dry winter air. It is beneficial to not only use injectable gels to maintain moisture, but also consider adding some new products to your skincare routine. Specialists recommend looking for options with the following ingredients in the composition:
- Hyaluronic acid. This component is crucial for a youthful glow of the skin. As the element is produced naturally in the body, hyaluronic acid plays a vital role in keeping the dermis glowing, smooth, and wrinkle-free. Recommend your patients utilize facial creams and serums with a high concentration of HA in the composition for cold weather – they will definitely notice and feel the difference.
- Natural oils. When it comes to winter, dry skin, rash, itching, and irritation are completely normal for patients with sensitive skin. Coconut and jojoba oils are natural moisturizers, so they definitely should be considered for patients when their skin feels itchy and dry. Shea butter can also be an effective moisturizer for both the face and body.
- Aloe vera. With its powerful moisturizing properties, aloe vera is a standout in this category. However, the composition of products with this ingredient may vary, so it is better to help clients pick the right option based on their needs and dermis peculiarities.
Taking good care of the facial skin during winter is important of individuals with sensitive, easily irritated facial surfaces. Even though many available options can be tried at home, sometimes they are not enough, and that’s where cosmetic dermal filler injections can be a game changer. Injectable gels with a high concentration of hyaluronic acid are able to attract moisture to the dry, itchy areas of the face, making patients forget about winter-related skin problems.