For those who thought it was impossible to improve their appearance without plastic surgery, there are actually many available alternatives to invasive surgery. Aesthetic medicine offers plenty of options able to boost your appearance – from dermal fillers to cosmetic threads – it’s likely that most every patient can find something suitable for their aesthetic needs.
In this article, we would like to talk about dermal fillers because this method of skin improvement is becoming more and more popular worldwide among different patient categories. So, let’s dive in and learn more about the incredible abilities injectable fillers have.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Facial dermal fillers are injectable gels used to eliminate signs of aging, and provide a rejuvenation effect for the skin. Depending on the active substance (hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxyapatite, etc.), these formulations can be used for various purposes in different facial zones.
Most fillers are bio-absorbable, which means the effect will wear off after some time. Temporary results after the procedure may last from a few months to a couple of years, which means treatment touch-ups are recommended to preserve the effect. Of course, the type of filler is selected together with a medical professional in order to reach the best results and desired goals of a patient.
There are many reasons why people prefer filler injections over other invasive procedures – let’s have a closer look at the benefits that convinced millions of people to choose this type of treatment.
Reasons to Choose Fillers for Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Here’s some of the most popular reasons that patients are choosing dermal fillers over invasive surgery. And as medical professionals become more skilled and creative with the use of dermal fillers, the list keeps growing!
- The results become visible immediately. Unlike most cosmetic surgery, dermal fillers can demonstrate a positive effect immediately after the first session. Volume and smoothness are added immediately, and after around one week, the appearance becomes even better.
- Patients don’t need downtime after the injection. Life moves fast, and patients do not want to lose any time from their daily lives. Moreover, not everyone has an opportunity to take time off work to have a proper recovery time after the surgery – it simply adds to the overall cost. With dermal filler treatments, many patients can even do it during their lunch break.
- Risks after filler procedures are minimal. As most fillers contain substances identical to those naturally produced in human bodies, adverse reactions are very rare. Minor injection site reactions are the most common for patients, and those usually disappear in a few days.
- The results look great, and are long-lasting. While everything depends on the type of filler, its composition, and every patient’s health particulars, the effects remain visible from six to eighteen months.
- Younger-looking skin boosts self-confidence. Dermal fillers are perfect for creating a new version of yourself – younger-looking, positive, and with higher self-esteem. You can’t turn back the hands of time, but you can restore a youthful look to your face.
Side Effects Every Person Needs to Know
Dermal fillers cause minimal complications because of the composition of the injectables – the active substances included in fillers are very similar to those produced in our bodies. That is why the most common symptom patients may experience after treatment is injection site reaction. These include bruising, swelling, itching, rash, and increased sensitivity.
Other potential side effects include headaches, nausea, dizziness, inflammations, blurred vision, and so on.
The Bottom Line
Dermal filler treatment is a perfect way to eliminate imperfections caused by aging, such as wrinkles and folds or other skin imperfections. In order to boost one’s confidence, you don’t need surgery – injectable fillers offer a non-surgical alternative. Effectiveness, safety, long-lasting results, easy administration – the list of the benefits of dermal fillers goes on and on.